Charles Patrick Davis, MD, PhD
Dr. Charles "Pat" Davis, MD, PhD, is a board certified Emergency Medicine doctor who currently practices as a consultant and staff member for hospitals. He has a PhD in Microbiology (UT at Austin), and the MD (Univ. Texas Medical Branch, Galveston). He is a Clinical Professor (retired) in the Division of Emergency Medicine, UT Health Science Center at San Antonio, and has been the Chief of Emergency Medicine at UT Medical Branch and at UTHSCSA with over 250 publications.
Melissa Conrad Stöppler, MD
Melissa Conrad Stöppler, MD, is a U.S. board-certified Anatomic Pathologist with subspecialty training in the fields of Experimental and Molecular Pathology. Dr. Stöppler's educational background includes a BA with Highest Distinction from the University of Virginia and an MD from the University of North Carolina. She completed residency training in Anatomic Pathology at Georgetown University followed by subspecialty fellowship training in molecular diagnostics and experimental pathology.
In this Article
- Encephalopathy facts
- Encephalopathy definition and overview
- What causes encephalopathy?
- What are the symptoms of encephalopathy?
- How is encephalopathy diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for encephalopathy?
- What are the complications of encephalopathy?
- What is the prognosis (outlook) for encephalopathy?
- Can encephalopathy be prevented?
- For more information on types of encephalopathy
- Find a local Neurologist in your town
For more information on types of encephalopathy
- Wernicke Encephalopathy
- Hepatic Encephalopathy
- Hypertensive Encephalopathy
- Mad Cow Disease
- Kidney Failure
- Confusional States and Acute Memory Disorders
- EEG in Dementia and Encephalopathy
Medically reviewed by a Board Certified Family Practice Physician; MA License RI License
"Definition of Encephalitis." eMedicineHealth. 19 Mar. 2012. <http://www.emedicinehealth.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=3231>.
Shiel, William C. and Frederick Hecht. "MELAS Syndrome." 19 July 2006. <http://www.medicinenet.com/melas_syndrome/article.htm>.
Wedro, Benjamin and Charles Patrick Davis. "Encephalopathy." eMedicineHealth. 6 Oct. 2009. <http://www.emedicinehealth.com/encephalopathy/article_em.htm>.
Get breaking medical news.