In this Article
- What other names is English Ivy known by?
- What is English Ivy?
- How does English Ivy work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for English Ivy.
There isn't enough information to know if English ivy is safe to apply directly to the skin. Fresh leaves can irritate the skin.
Do not use English ivy if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- For chronic obstructive bronchitis in children: 35 mg of English ivy dried leaf extract three times a day or 14 mg dried leaf alcohol-based extract three times a day.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.