In this Article
- What other names is English Walnut known by?
- What is English Walnut?
- How does English Walnut work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for English Walnut.
The nut can cause softening of the stools and bloating, as well as weight gain unless other fats are removed from the diet. English walnut may cause allergic reactions in people who are sensitive to it.
Special Precautions & Warnings:Pregnancy and breast-feeding: English walnut is safe in food amounts, but there's not enough information to know if it's safe in the larger amounts that are used as medicine. Stay on the safe side and stick to food amounts.
- For lowering cholesterol: 8-11 English walnut nuts or 30-56 grams (about 1/4 to 1/2 cup) has been substituted for other dietary fats.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.