"Oct. 24, 2012 -- Women who take hormones within five years of menopause may have a slightly lower risk of Alzheimer's disease compared to women who don't ever take them, a new study shows.
The study, which is published in the journal"...
Serious ill effects have not been reported following acute ingestion of large doses of estrogen-containing drug products by young children. Overdosage of estrogen may cause nausea and vomiting, and withdrawal bleeding may occur in females.
There have been no reports of acute overdosage with the androgens.
ESTRATEST (esterified estrogens and methyltestosterone) and ESTRATEST (esterified estrogens and methyltestosterone) H.S. Tablets should not be used in women with any of the following conditions:
- Undiagnosed abnormal genital bleeding.
- Known, suspected, or history of cancer of the breast.
- Known or suspected estrogen-dependent neoplasia.
- Active deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism or history of these conditions.
- Active or recent (e.g., within the past year) arterial thromboembolic disease (e.g., stroke, myocardial infarction).
- Liver dysfunction or disease.
- ESTRATEST (esterified estrogens and methyltestosterone) and ESTRATEST (esterified estrogens and methyltestosterone) H.S. Tablets should not be used in patients with known hypersensitivity to its ingredients.
- Known or suspected pregnancy. There is no indication for ESTRATEST (esterified estrogens and methyltestosterone) and ESTRATEST (esterified estrogens and methyltestosterone) H.S. Tablets in pregnancy. There appears to be little or no increased risk of birth defects in children born to women who have used estrogens and progestins from oral contraceptives inadvertently during early pregnancy. (See PRECAUTIONS.)
Methyltestosterone should not be used in:
- The presence of severe liver damage.
- Pregnancy and in breast-feeding mothers because of the possibility of masculinization of the female fetus or breast-fed infant.
Last reviewed on RxList: 7/18/2008
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Estratest Information
Estratest - User Reviews
Estratest User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.