"Some cryogenic wart removers—which remove warts from the skin by freezing them off—have caught fire during use at home, harming consumers or setting fire to items around the house.
Since 2009, the Food and Drug Administratio"...
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
In Scabies: Thoroughly massage into the skin of the whole body from the chin down, paying particular attention to all folds and creases. A second application is advisable 24 hours later. Clothing and bed linen should be changed the next morning. A cleansing bath should be taken 48 hours after the last application.
In Pruritus: Massage gently into affected areas until medication is completely absorbed. Repeat as needed.
LOTION: Shake well before using.
DIRECTIONS FOR PATIENTS WITH SCABIES:
- Take a routine bath or shower. Thoroughly massage Eurax (crotamiton cream, lotion) cream or lotion into the skin from the chin to the toes including folds and creases.
- Put Eurax (crotamiton cream, lotion) cream or lotion under fingernails after trimming the fingernails short, because scabies are very likely to remain there. A toothbrush can be used to apply the Eurax (crotamiton cream, lotion) cream or lotion under the fingernails. Immediately after use, the toothbrush should be wrapped in paper and thrown away. Use of the same brush in the mouth could lead to poisoning.
- A second application is advisable 24 hours later.
- This 60 gram tube or bottle is sufficient for two applications.
- Clothing and bed linen should be changed the next day. Contaminated clothing and bed linen may be dry-cleaned, or washed in the hot cycle of the washing machine.
- A cleansing bath should be taken 48 hours after the last application.
Eurax (crotamiton USP)
Cream: 60g tubes (NDC 0072-2103-60; NSN 6505-00-116-0200).
Lotion: 60g (2 oz.) bottles (NDC 0072-2203-60, NSN 6505-01-153- 4423).
454g (16 oz.) bottles (NDC 0072-2203-16).
SHAKE WELL before using.
Store at room temperature.
Keep out of reach of children.
Westwood-Squibb Pharmaceuticals, Inc. A Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Princeton, NJ 08543, USA. FDA Rev date: 6/26/2003
Last reviewed on RxList: 6/12/2008
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Eurax Information
Eurax - User Reviews
Eurax User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.