- What other names is European Buckthorn known by?
- What is European Buckthorn?
- How does European Buckthorn work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for European Buckthorn.
People take European buckthorn for constipation.
Likely Effective for...
- Relieving constipation. European buckthorn works about as well as cascara for constipation.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.