- What other names is European Mandrake known by?
- What is European Mandrake?
- How does European Mandrake work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for European Mandrake.
People take European mandrake root for treating stomach ulcers, colic, constipation, asthma, hay fever, convulsions, arthritis-like pain (rheumatism), and whooping cough. It is also used to trigger vomiting, cause sleepiness (sedation), reduce pain, and increase interest in sexual activity.
European mandrake fresh leaves and leaf extracts are applied directly to the skin for treating skin ulcers.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Stomach ulcers.
- Hay fever.
- Arthritis-like pain.
- Whooping cough.
- Causing sleepiness (sedation).
- Skin ulcers, when the leaf or leaf extract is applied to the skin.
- Other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.