"March 14, 2013 -- Hormone replacement therapy is the most effective treatment for symptoms like hot flashes, and the benefits are likely to outweigh the risks, major medical societies say.
The statement was published in the April issue "...
- Patient Information:
Details with Side Effects
Evamist should not be used in women with any of the following conditions:
- Undiagnosed abnormal genital bleeding
- Known, suspected, or history of cancer of the breast
- Known or suspected estrogen-dependent neoplasia
- Active deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, or history of these conditions
- Active or recent (within the past year) arterial thromboembolic disease (for example, stroke and myocardial infarction)
- Known liver dysfunction or disease
- Known or suspected pregnancy
Last reviewed on RxList: 11/10/2011
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Evamist Information
Evamist - User Reviews
Evamist User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.