Evening Primrose Oil
In this Article
- What other names is Evening Primrose Oil known by?
- What is Evening Primrose Oil?
- Is Evening Primrose Oil effective?
- How does Evening Primrose Oil work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Evening Primrose Oil.
There is some concern that evening primrose oil might increase the chance of problems during pregnancy and delivery.
Do not use evening primrose oil if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You have a bleeding disorder.
- You have epilepsy or another seizure disorder.
- You have schizophrenia.
- You are scheduled for surgery in the next two weeks. Evening primrose oil might increase the risk of bleeding.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get tips and advances in treatment.