"Aug. 5, 2013 -- Anyone who develops a rash, blister, or some other skin reaction while taking acetaminophen should stop using the drug and seek medical care immediately. The painkiller poses the risk for three rare but potentially fatal skin diso"...
Exelderm Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Exelderm
Generic Name: sulconazole topical (Pronunciation: sul KON a zole)
- What is sulconazole topical (Exelderm)?
- What are the possible side effects of sulconazole topical (Exelderm)?
- What is the most important information I should know about sulconazole topical (Exelderm)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using sulconazole topical (Exelderm)?
- How should I use sulconazole topical (Exelderm)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Exelderm)?
- What happens if I overdose (Exelderm)?
- What should I avoid while using sulconazole topical (Exelderm)?
- What other drugs will affect sulconazole topical (Exelderm)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is sulconazole topical (Exelderm)?
Sulconazole topical is an antifungal medication. Sulconazole topical prevents fungus from growing on your skin.
Sulconazole topical is used to treat skin infections such as athlete's foot (cream only), jock itch, and ringworm.
Sulconazole topical may also be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.
What are the possible side effects of sulconazole topical (Exelderm)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using sulconazole topical and call your doctor at once if you have severe blistering, itching, redness, peeling, dryness, or irritation of treat skin areas.
Less serious side effects may include mild skin dryness or irritation.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Exelderm (sulconazole) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about sulconazole topical (Exelderm)?
Use this medication for the full prescribed length of time. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cleared.
Do not use bandages or dressings that do not allow air to circulate to the affected area (occlusive dressings) unless otherwise directed by your doctor. Wear loose-fitting clothing (preferably cotton).
Avoid getting this medication in your eyes, nose, or mouth.
Additional Exelderm Information
- Exelderm Drug Interactions Center: sulconazole top
- Exelderm Side Effects Center
- Exelderm Overview including Precautions
- Exelderm FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Exelderm - User Reviews
Exelderm User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.