Heart Disease and Stress Tests
- Exercise stress test introduction
- What is an exercise stress test?
- Why do I need an exercise stress test?
- What types of stress tests are there?
- How should I prepare for the exercise stress test?
- What if I have diabetes?
- What should I wear the day of the exercise stress test?
- What happens during the exercise stress test?
- Find a local Cardiologist in your town
Exercise Stress Test Introduction
A stress test can be used to test for heart disease. Stress tests are tests performed by a doctor and/or trained technician to determine the amount of stress that your heart can manage before developing either an abnormal rhythm or evidence of ischemia (not enough blood flow to the heart muscle). The most commonly performed stress test is the exercise stress test.
Get the latest treatment options.