Face lift facts
- Facelift surgery helps to make the face appear younger.
- Results last approximately ten years.
- Recovery time is usually one week but activities can begin the day after surgery.
- Pain and discomfort are usually minimal.
- Additional procedures to supplement the facelift may be necessary for the best results.
What is facelift surgery
A facelift is a surgical method that removes excess facial skin to make the face appear younger. However, the aging face not only loses skin elasticity and develops looser skin, but also loses fat and muscle tone. Additional procedures that may be necessary to achieve the best results include: necklift, blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery), liposuction, autologous fat injection, removal of buccal (cheek) fat pad, forehead lift, browlift, chemical or laser peel, and malar (cheek), submalar or chin implants.
Find out what women really need.