"Nov. 21, 2012 -- Women over age 40 are often urged to get yearly mammograms with the promise that early detection is their best hope for beating breast cancer.
But a new study published in The New England Journal of Medicine su"...
Faslodex Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is fulvestrant (Faslodex)?
- What are the possible side effects of fulvestrant (Faslodex)?
- What is the most important information I should know about fulvestrant (Faslodex)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before I receive fulvestrant (Faslodex)?
- How is fulvestrant given (Faslodex)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Faslodex)?
- What happens if I overdose (Faslodex)?
- What should I avoid while receiving fulvestrant (Faslodex)?
- What other drugs will affect fulvestrant (Faslodex)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before I receive fulvestrant (Faslodex)?
You should not receive this medication if you are allergic to fulvestrant, or if you are pregnant.
If you have any of these other conditions, you may need a dose adjustment or special tests to safely receive this medication:
- liver disease;
- a bleeding or blood clotting disorder; or
- thrombocytopenia (a low level of platelets in the blood).
FDA pregnancy category D. Fulvestrant can cause harm to an unborn baby or cause birth defects. Do not receive fulvestrant without telling your doctor if you are pregnant. Use an effective form of birth control, and tell your doctor if you become pregnant during treatment.
It is not known whether fulvestrant passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. Do not receive this medication without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
How is fulvestrant given (Faslodex)?
Fulvestrant is given as an injection into a muscle of your buttock. Your doctor, nurse, or other healthcare provider will give you this injection.
Fulvestrant is usually given once a month. Do not miss any scheduled appointments.
Additional Faslodex Information
- Faslodex Drug Interactions Center: fulvestrant im
- Faslodex Side Effects Center
- Faslodex Overview including Precautions
- Faslodex FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Faslodex - User Reviews
Faslodex User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find support and advances in treatment.