"For the first time, researchers have used national data to determine the incidence of the four major molecular subtypes of breast cancer by age, race/ethnicity, poverty level, and several other factors. These four subtypes respond differently to "...
Faslodex Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is fulvestrant (Faslodex)?
- What are the possible side effects of fulvestrant (Faslodex)?
- What is the most important information I should know about fulvestrant (Faslodex)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before I receive fulvestrant (Faslodex)?
- How is fulvestrant given (Faslodex)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Faslodex)?
- What happens if I overdose (Faslodex)?
- What should I avoid while receiving fulvestrant (Faslodex)?
- What other drugs will affect fulvestrant (Faslodex)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before I receive fulvestrant (Faslodex)?
You should not receive this medication if you are allergic to fulvestrant, or if you are pregnant.
To make sure you can safely receive fulvestrant, tell your doctor if you have other medical conditions, especially:
- liver disease;
- a bleeding or blood clotting disorder; or
- thrombocytopenia (a low level of platelets in the blood).
FDA pregnancy category D. Do not use fulvestrant if you are pregnant. It could harm the unborn baby. Use effective birth control, and tell your doctor if you become pregnant during treatment.
It is not known whether fulvestrant passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. You should not breast-feed while you are using fulvestrant.
How is fulvestrant given (Faslodex)?
Fulvestrant is injected into a muscle of your buttock. Your doctor, nurse, or other healthcare provider will give you this injection.
Fulvestrant is usually given once every 2 weeks at first, and then once a month. Do not miss any scheduled appointments.
Additional Faslodex Information
- Faslodex Drug Interactions Center: fulvestrant im
- Faslodex Side Effects Center
- Faslodex Overview including Precautions
- Faslodex FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Faslodex - User Reviews
Faslodex User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find support and advances in treatment.