"For the first time, researchers have used national data to determine the incidence of the four major molecular subtypes of breast cancer by age, race/ethnicity, poverty level, and several other factors. These four subtypes respond differently to "...
Faslodex Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Faslodex
Generic Name: fulvestrant (Pronunciation: ful VES trant)
- What is fulvestrant (Faslodex)?
- What are the possible side effects of fulvestrant (Faslodex)?
- What is the most important information I should know about fulvestrant (Faslodex)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before I receive fulvestrant (Faslodex)?
- How is fulvestrant given (Faslodex)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Faslodex)?
- What happens if I overdose (Faslodex)?
- What should I avoid while receiving fulvestrant (Faslodex)?
- What other drugs will affect fulvestrant (Faslodex)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is fulvestrant (Faslodex)?
Fulvestrant is an anti-estrogen medication. It works by blocking the actions of estrogen in the body. Certain types of breast cancer use estrogen to grow and multiply in the body.
Fulvestrant is used to treat some hormone-related breast cancer. Fulvestrant is also used in postmenopausal women whose breast cancer has progressed after treatment with other anti-estrogen medication.
Fulvestrant may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
What are the possible side effects of fulvestrant (Faslodex)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Less serious side effects may include:
- headache, back pain;
- bone pain, joint pain, muscle pain;
- vomiting, loss of appetite, constipation;
- weakness, feeling tired;
- cough, trouble breathing;
- pain in your arms or legs;
- hot flashes; or
- pain where the medicine was injected.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Faslodex (fulvestrant) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about fulvestrant (Faslodex)?
Do not receive fulvestrant if you are pregnant. It could harm the unborn baby.
You should not receive this medication if you are allergic to fulvestrant, or if you are breast-feeding a baby.
Before you receive fulvestrant, tell your doctor if you have liver disease, a bleeding or blood-clotting disorder, or thrombocytopenia (a low level of platelets in the blood). Also tell your doctor if you are taking a blood thinner such as warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven).
Call your doctor for instructions if you miss an appointment for your fulvestrant injection.
Additional Faslodex Information
- Faslodex Drug Interactions Center: fulvestrant im
- Faslodex Side Effects Center
- Faslodex Overview including Precautions
- Faslodex FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Faslodex - User Reviews
Faslodex User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find support and advances in treatment.