Febrile Seizures (cont.)
Benjamin Wedro, MD, FACEP, FAAEM
Dr. Ben Wedro practices emergency medicine at Gundersen Clinic, a regional trauma center in La Crosse, Wisconsin. His background includes undergraduate and medical studies at the University of Alberta, a Family Practice internship at Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario and residency training in Emergency Medicine at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center.
Melissa Conrad Stöppler, MD
Melissa Conrad Stöppler, MD, is a U.S. board-certified Anatomic Pathologist with subspecialty training in the fields of Experimental and Molecular Pathology. Dr. Stöppler's educational background includes a BA with Highest Distinction from the University of Virginia and an MD from the University of North Carolina. She completed residency training in Anatomic Pathology at Georgetown University followed by subspecialty fellowship training in molecular diagnostics and experimental pathology.
In this Article
- Seizure symptoms: how to assist the victim
- NIH on what are febrile seizures?
- How common are febrile seizures?
- What are the symptoms of a febrile seizure?
- What makes a child prone to recurrent febrile seizures?
- Are febrile seizures harmful?
- What should be done for a child having a febrile seizure?
- How are febrile seizures diagnosed and treated?
- How are febrile seizures prevented?
- What research is being done on febrile seizures?
- Where can I get more information?
Where can I get more information?
For more information on neurological disorders or research programs funded by the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, contact the Institute's Brain Resources and Information Network (BRAIN) at:
P.O. Box 5801
Bethesda, MD 20824
Information also is available from the following organizations:
8301 Professional Place
Landover, MD 20785-7223
Tel: 301-459-3700 800-EFA-1000 (332-1000)
Herman ST. Single Unprovoked Seizures. Curr Treat Options Neurol. 2004 may:6 (3) 243-255
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. Febrile Seizures.
Last Editorial Review: 8/13/2010
Viewers share their comments
Find tips and treatments to control seizures.