In this Article
- What other names is Fennel known by?
- What is Fennel?
- How does Fennel work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Fennel.
Some people can have allergic skin reactions to fennel. People who are allergic to plants such as celery, carrot, and mugwort are more likely to also be allergic to fennel. Fennel can also make skin extra sensitive to sunlight and make it easier to get a sunburn.
Do not take fennel if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You are allergic to carrots, celery, mugwort, or other plants in the Apiaceae family.
- You have breast cancer.
- You have uterine cancer.
- You have ovarian cancer.
- You have endometriosis.
- You have uterine fibroids.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.