"WASHINGTON, DC â€” In addition to significantly lowering levels of LDL-C, the proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin type 9 (PCSK9) inhibitor evolocumab (Repatha, Amgen) decreased major CV-events risk, according to results from the long-an"...
Patients should be advised:
- of the potential benefits and risks of FIBRICOR.
- not to use FIBRICOR if there is a known hypersensitivity to fenofibrate or fenofibric acid.
- that if they are taking coumarin anticoagulants, FIBRICOR may increase their anticoagulant effect, and increased monitoring may be necessary.
- of medications that should not be taken in combination with FIBRICOR.
- to continue to follow an appropriate lipid-modifying diet while taking FIBRICOR.
- to take FIBRICOR once daily, without regard to food, at the prescribed dose, swallowing each tablet whole.
- to inform their physician of all medications, supplements, and herbal preparations they are taking and any change to their medical condition. Patients should also be advised to inform their physicians prescribing a new medication that they are taking FIBRICOR.
- to inform their physician of any muscle pain, tenderness, or weakness; onset of abdominal pain; or any other new symptoms.
- to return to their physician's office for routine monitoring.
Last reviewed on RxList: 3/7/2017
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Fibricor Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Tips to keep it under control.