In this Article
- What other names is Fig known by?
- What is Fig?
- How does Fig work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Fig.
Avoid excessive sun exposure when taking fig leaf because it can cause skin to become extra sensitive to the sun. Wear sunblock outside, especially if you are light-skinned. Fig fruit is unlikely to cause sun sensitivity. Skin contact with fig fruit or leaves can cause rash in sensitive people.
Do not use fig leaf or fig fruit in amounts larger than those found in food if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You are scheduled for surgery in the next two weeks.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.