Fiorinal with Codeine
"A device that provides remote electrical stimulation via a discreet armband and smartphone application safely reduces pain in patients with migraine, results of a new trial suggests.
The findings suggest that eventually, "it may not b"...
Fiorinal with Codeine
Fiorinal with Codeine Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is aspirin, butalbital, caffeine, and codeine (Fiorinal with Codeine)?
- What are the possible side effects of this medication (Fiorinal with Codeine)?
- What is the most important information I should know about this medication (Fiorinal with Codeine)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking this medication (Fiorinal with Codeine)?
- How should I take this medication (Fiorinal with Codeine)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Fiorinal with Codeine)?
- What happens if I overdose (Fiorinal with Codeine)?
- What should I avoid while taking this medication (Fiorinal with Codeine)?
- What other drugs will affect aspirin, butalbital, caffeine, and codeine (Fiorinal with Codeine)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking this medication (Fiorinal with Codeine)?
You should not use this medication if you are allergic to aspirin, butalbital, caffeine, or codeine, or if you have:
- stomach ulcer;
- a bleeding or blood clotting disorder; or
- an allergy to an NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug) such as Advil, Motrin, Aleve, Celebrex, Orudis, Indocin, Lodine, Voltaren, Toradol, Mobic, Relafen, Feldene, and others.
To make sure you can safely take aspirin, butalbital, caffeine, and codeine, tell your doctor if you have any of these other conditions:
- liver or kidney disease;
- asthma or other breathing disorders;
- a history of head injury or brain tumor;
- a history of heart attack, stroke, blood clot, or stomach ulcers;
- low blood pressure;
- a stomach or intestinal disorder;
- curvature of the spine; or
- mental illness, or a history of drug or alcohol addiction.
Codeine and butalbital may be habit forming and should be used only by the person for whom it was prescribed. Never share this medication with another person, especially someone with a history of drug abuse or addiction. Keep the medication in a place where others cannot get to it.
FDA pregnancy category C. Codeine and butalbital may cause addiction or withdrawal symptoms in a newborn if the mother takes the medication during pregnancy. Taking aspirin during late pregnancy may cause bleeding in the mother or the baby during delivery. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant while using this medication.
Codeine can pass into breast milk and may harm a nursing baby. The use of codeine by some nursing mothers may lead to life-threatening side effects in the baby. Do not use this medication without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
Aspirin should not be given to a child or teenager who has a fever, especially if the child also has flu symptoms or chicken pox. Aspirin can cause a serious and sometimes fatal condition called Reye's syndrome in children.
How should I take this medication (Fiorinal with Codeine)?
Take exactly as prescribed. Never take this medication in larger amounts, or for longer than recommended by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label. Tell your doctor if the medicine seems to stop working as well in relieving your pain.
Do not stop using this medication suddenly after long-term use, or you could have unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. Ask your doctor how to avoid withdrawal symptoms when you stop using aspirin, butalbital, caffeine, and codeine.
If you need surgery, tell the surgeon ahead of time that you are using this medication. You may need to stop using the medicine for a short time.
Store at room temperature away from moisture and heat. Keep track of the amount of medicine used from each new bottle. Codeine is a drug of abuse and you should be aware if anyone is using your medicine improperly or without a prescription.
Additional Fiorinal with Codeine Information
- Fiorinal with Codeine Drug Interactions Center: codeine-butalbital-asa-caff oral
- Fiorinal with Codeine Side Effects Center
- Fiorinal with Codeine FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find the secrets to longer life.