In this Article
- What other names is Flaxseed known by?
- What is Flaxseed?
- How does Flaxseed work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Flaxseed.
Flaxseed should be taken with plenty of water to prevent blockage in the gut.
Flaxseed might be safe to use while pregnant or breast-feeding, but talk to your healthcare professional before using it.
Do not take flaxseed if:
- You have a bleeding disorder.
- You have high triglyceride levels.
- You have bowel obstruction.
- You have esophageal stricture.
- You have intestinal inflammation.
- You have breast cancer.
- You have uterine cancer.
- You have ovarian cancer.
- You have endometriosis.
- You have uterine fibroids.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Get breaking medical news.