In this Article
- What other names is Flaxseed Oil known by?
- What is Flaxseed Oil?
- How does Flaxseed Oil work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Flaxseed Oil.
Allergic reactions have occurred while taking flaxseed oil, and also in workers processing flaxseed products.
Do not use flaxseed oil if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You have a condition which makes you more likely to bleed.
- You are scheduled for surgery in the next two weeks. Flaxseed oil might increase the risk of bleeding.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.