"Despite being at the front lines in the nation's battle against opioid addiction as the first to treat chronic pain, and opioid overuse, few primary care and family physicians use the one drug available to them to treat addiction, buprenorphine, "...
FLECTOR® PATCH is indicated for the topical treatment of acute pain due to minor strains, sprains, and contusions.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
General Dosing Instructions
Use the lowest effective dosage for the shortest duration consistent with individual patient treatment goals [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS].
The recommended dose of FLECTOR PATCH is one (1) patch to the most painful area twice a day.
- Inform patients that, if FLECTOR PATCH begins to peel-off, the edges of the patch may be taped down. If problems with adhesion persist, patients may overlay the patch with a mesh netting sleeve, where appropriate (e.g. to secure patches applied to ankles, knees, or elbows). The mesh netting sleeve (e.g. Curad® Hold Tite™, Surgilast® Tubular Elastic Dressing) must allow air to pass through and not be occlusive (non-breathable).
- Do not apply FLECTOR PATCH to non-intact or damaged skin resulting from any etiology e.g. exudative dermatitis, eczema, infected lesion, burns or wounds.
- Do not wear a FLECTOR PATCH when bathing or showering.
- Wash your hands after applying, handling or removing the patch.
- Avoid eye contact
- Do not use combination therapy with FLECTOR PATCH and an oral NSAID unless the benefit outweighs the risk and conduct periodic laboratory evaluations.
Dosage Forms And Strengths
FLECTOR (diclofenac epolamine) Patch (10 x 14 cm) containing 180 mg of diclofenac epolamine, embossed with FLECTOR PATCH < DICLOFENAC EPOLAMINE TOPICAL PATCH > 1.3%.
Storage And Handling
The FLECTOR PATCH is supplied in resealable envelopes, each containing 5 patches (10 cm x 14 cm), with 6 envelopes per box (NDC 60793-411-30). Each individual patch is embossed with “FLECTOR PATCH < DICLOFENAC EPOLAMINE TOPICAL PATCH > 1.3%”.
- Each patch contains 180 mg of diclofenac epolamine in an aqueous base (13 mg of active per gram of adhesive or 1.3%).
- The product is intended for topical use only.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Envelops should be sealed at all times when not in use.
- Curad® Hold Tite™ is a trademark of Medline Industries, Inc., and Surgilast® Tubular Elastic Dressing is a trademark of Derma Sciences, Inc.
Store at 20°C to 25°C (68°C to 77°F); excursions permitted between 15°C to 30°C (59°F to 86°F) [see USP Controlled Room Temperature].
Manufactured for: IBSA Institut Biochimique SA, CH-6903 Lugano, Switzerland Distributed by: Pfizer Inc., New York, NY10017 For more information, go www.FlectorPatch.com or call 1-800-438-1985. Revised: May, 2016This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Last reviewed on RxList: 6/7/2016
Additional Flector Patch Information
Flector Patch - User Reviews
Flector Patch User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Chronic Pain/Back Pain
Find tips and advances in treatment.