"Dec. 5, 2014 -- Children with asthma might one day benefit from a simple urine test that could ensure they receive the right dose of medication to help them better manage their condition.
An Anglo-Polish research team found that a urine tes"...
Flovent Diskus Patient Information including If I Miss a Dose
In this Article
- What is fluticasone inhalation (Flovent Diskus)?
- What are the possible side effects of fluticasone inhalation (Flovent Diskus)?
- What is the most important information I should know about fluticasone inhalation (Flovent Diskus)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using fluticasone inhalation (Flovent Diskus)?
- How should I use fluticasone inhalation (Flovent Diskus)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Flovent Diskus)?
- What happens if I overdose (Flovent Diskus)?
- What should I avoid while using fluticasone inhalation (Flovent Diskus)?
- What other drugs will affect fluticasone inhalation (Flovent Diskus)?
- Where can I get more information?
What happens if I miss a dose (Flovent Diskus)?
Use the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not use extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
What happens if I overdose (Flovent Diskus)?
Seek emergency medical attention or call the Poison Help line at 1-800-222-1222.
An overdose of fluticasone is not expected to produce life threatening symptoms. However, long term use of high steroid doses can lead to symptoms such as thinning skin, easy bruising, changes in the shape or location of body fat (especially in your face, neck, back, and waist), increased acne or facial hair, menstrual problems, impotence, or loss of interest in sex.
What should I avoid while using fluticasone inhalation (Flovent Diskus)?
Avoid being near people who are sick or have infections. Call your doctor for preventive treatment if you are exposed to chicken pox or measles. These conditions can be serious or even fatal in people who are using fluticasone inhalation.
What other drugs will affect fluticasone inhalation (Flovent Diskus)?
Tell your doctor about all other medicines you use, especially:
- conivaptan (Vaprisol);
- imatinib (Gleevec);
- isoniazid (for treating tuberculosis);
- an antibiotic such as clarithromycin (Biaxin), erythromycin (E.E.S., EryPed, Ery-Tab, Erythrocin, Pediazole), or telithromycin (Ketek);
- antifungal medication such as itraconazole (Sporanox), ketoconazole (Nizoral), miconazole (Oravig), or voriconazole (Vfend);
- an antidepressant such as nefazodone;
- heart or blood pressure medication such as diltiazem (Cardizem, Dilacor, Tiazac), nicardipine (Cardene), quinidine (Quin-G), or verapamil (Calan, Covera, Isoptin, Verelan); or
- HIV/AIDS medicine such as atazanavir (Reyataz), delavirdine (Rescriptor), fosamprenavir (Lexiva), indinavir (Crixivan), nelfinavir (Viracept), saquinavir (Invirase), or ritonavir (Norvir, Kaletra).
This list is not complete and other drugs may interact with fluticasone. Tell your doctor about all medications you use. This includes prescription, over-the-counter, vitamin, and herbal products. Do not start a new medication without telling your doctor.
Where can I get more information?
Your pharmacist can provide more information about fluticasone inhalation.
Remember, keep this and all other medicines out of the reach of children, never share your medicines with others, and use this medication only for the indication prescribed.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided by Cerner Multum, Inc. ('Multum') is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. Multum information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States and therefore Multum does not warrant that uses outside of the United States are appropriate, unless specifically indicated otherwise. Multum's drug information does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients or recommend therapy. Multum's drug information is an informational resource designed to assist licensed healthcare practitioners in caring for their patients and/or to serve consumers viewing this service as a supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgment of healthcare practitioners. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. Multum does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of information Multum provides. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
Copyright 1996-2013 Cerner Multum, Inc. Version: 12.01. Revision date: 11/7/2011.
Your use of the content provided in this service indicates that you have read,understood and agree to the End-User License Agreement,which can be accessed by clicking on this link.
Additional Flovent Diskus Information
Flovent Diskus - User Reviews
Flovent Diskus User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Allergies & Asthma
Improve treatments & prevent attacks.