"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration will complete its phase-out of all inhaler medical products containing chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) by Dec. 31, 2013. This effort is to comply with an international treaty to protect the ozone layer by phasing "...
Flovent Diskus Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Flovent Diskus, Flovent HFA
Generic Name: fluticasone inhalation (Pronunciation: floo TIK a zone)
- What is fluticasone inhalation (Flovent Diskus)?
- What are the possible side effects of fluticasone inhalation (Flovent Diskus)?
- What is the most important information I should know about fluticasone inhalation (Flovent Diskus)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using fluticasone inhalation (Flovent Diskus)?
- How should I use fluticasone inhalation (Flovent Diskus)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Flovent Diskus)?
- What happens if I overdose (Flovent Diskus)?
- What should I avoid while using fluticasone inhalation (Flovent Diskus)?
- What other drugs will affect fluticasone inhalation (Flovent Diskus)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is fluticasone inhalation (Flovent Diskus)?
Fluticasone is a steroid. It prevents the release of substances in the body that cause inflammation.
Fluticasone inhalation is used to prevent asthma attacks. It will not treat an asthma attack that has already begun.
Fluticasone may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Flovent HFA 110 mcg
Flovent HFA 220 mcg
Flovent HFA 44 mcg
What are the possible side effects of fluticasone inhalation (Flovent Diskus)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using fluticasone and call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- weakness, tired feeling, nausea, vomiting, feeling like you might pass out;
- skin rash, bruising, severe tingling, numbness, pain, muscle weakness;
- blurred vision, eye pain, or seeing halos around lights;
- signs of infection such as fever, chills, sore throat, ear pain, flu symptoms;
- wheezing or breathing problems after using this medication; or
- worsening asthma symptoms.
Less serious side effects may include:
- dryness in your mouth, nose, or throat;
- white patches or sores inside your mouth or on your lips;
- stuffy nose, sinus pain, cough; or
- hoarseness or deepened voice.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Flovent Diskus (fluticasone propionate) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about fluticasone inhalation (Flovent Diskus)?
Before using this medication, tell your doctor if you have been sick or had an infection of any kind. You may not be able to use fluticasone inhalation until you are well.
Contact your doctor if your asthma symptoms do not improve after using fluticasone inhalation for 2 weeks.
Your dosage needs may change if you have surgery, are ill, are under stress, or have recently had an asthma attack. Talk with your doctor if any of your asthma medications do not seem to work as well in treating or preventing asthma attacks.
If you were switched from an oral (taken by mouth) steroid to fluticasone inhalation, you may need to go back to taking the oral medicine if you are under stress or have an asthma attack or other medical emergency. Carry an identification card or wear a medical alert ID to let others know that you may need an oral steroid in an emergency.
Additional Flovent Diskus Information
Flovent Diskus - User Reviews
Flovent Diskus User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Allergies & Asthma
Improve treatments & prevent attacks.