Floxin Otic Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Floxin Otic
Generic Name: ofloxacin otic (Pronunciation: oh FLOCKS a sin OH tic)
- What is ofloxacin otic (Floxin Otic)?
- What are the possible side effects of ofloxacin otic (Floxin Otic)?
- What is the most important information I should know about ofloxacin otic (Floxin Otic)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using ofloxacin otic (Floxin Otic)?
- How should I use ofloxacin otic (Floxin Otic)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Floxin Otic)?
- What happens if I overdose (Floxin Otic)?
- What should I avoid while using ofloxacin (Floxin Otic)?
- What other drugs will affect my ofloxacin otic (Floxin Otic)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is ofloxacin otic (Floxin Otic)?
Ofloxacin is a fluoroquinolone antibiotic. Ofloxacin fights bacteria in the body.
Ofloxacin is used to treat ear infections.
Ofloxacin otic may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.
Floxin Otic 0.3%
What are the possible side effects of ofloxacin otic (Floxin Otic)?
Stop using ofloxacin otic and seek emergency medical attention or contact your doctor if you experience:
- an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of the throat; swelling of the lips, tongue, or face; or hives);
- skin rash; or
- ear drainage, discharge, or worsening pain.
Other less serious side effects may also occur such as ear discomfort or itching, and headache. Continue to use the medication and talk to your doctor if these side effects seem excessive or unusual.
Side effects other than those listed here may also occur. Talk to your doctor about any side effect that seems unusual or that is especially bothersome. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Floxin Otic (ofloxacin otic solution) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects »
What is the most important information I should know about ofloxacin otic (Floxin Otic)?
Do not use this medication in the eyes or take it by mouth. Ofloxacin otic is intended for use in the ears only.
Do not touch the dropper opening to any surface, including the ears or hands. The dropper opening is sterile. If it becomes contaminated, it could cause another infection in the ear.
Notify your doctor if the condition does not improve or appears to worsen.
Additional Floxin Otic Information
Floxin Otic Singles - User Reviews
Floxin Otic Singles User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.