"The woman who received the nation's first transplanted uterus on February 24 at the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio had to have the organ removed because of a "sudden complication," the clinic announced today.
The transplant recipient, a 26-"...
Aside from the possibility of Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (see WARNINGS - Overstimulation of the Ovary During Follistim® AQ (follitropin beta) Therapy) and multiple gestations (see WARNINGS - Multiple Births), there is no additional information concerning the consequences of acute overdosage with Follistim® AQ (follitropin beta injection).
Follistim® AQ (follitropin beta injection) is contraindicated in women who exhibit:
- Prior hypersensitivity to recombinant hFSH products.
- High levels of FSH indicating primary ovarian failure.
- Uncontrolled thyroid or adrenal dysfunction.
- Tumor of the ovary, breast, uterus, hypothalamus or pituitary gland.
- Heavy or irregular vaginal bleeding of undetermined origin.
- Ovarian cysts or enlargement not due to polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).
- Hypersensitivity reactions to streptomycin or neomycin. Follistim® AQ (follitropin beta) may contain traces of these antibiotics and may cause hypersensitivity reactions in susceptible persons.
Last reviewed on RxList: 2/24/2017
Additional Follistim AQ Information
Follistim AQ - User Reviews
Follistim AQ User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Trying to Conceive
Get tips and advances in treatment.