"Oct. 20, 2012 -- Babies conceived with the help of high-tech fertility treatments such as in vitro fertilization (IVF) have an increased risk for birth defects, a new study shows.
Compared to infants born to mothers who conceived with"...
Aside from the possibility of Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (see WARNINGS - Overstimulation of the Ovary During Follistim® AQ (follitropin beta) Therapy) and multiple gestations (see WARNINGS - Multiple Births), there is no additional information concerning the consequences of acute overdosage with Follistim® AQ (follitropin beta injection).
Follistim® AQ (follitropin beta injection) is contraindicated in women who exhibit:
- Prior hypersensitivity to recombinant hFSH products.
- High levels of FSH indicating primary ovarian failure.
- Uncontrolled thyroid or adrenal dysfunction.
- Tumor of the ovary, breast, uterus, hypothalamus or pituitary gland.
- Heavy or irregular vaginal bleeding of undetermined origin.
- Ovarian cysts or enlargement not due to polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).
- Hypersensitivity reactions to streptomycin or neomycin. Follistim® AQ (follitropin beta) may contain traces of these antibiotics and may cause hypersensitivity reactions in susceptible persons.
Last reviewed on RxList: 11/17/2008
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Follistim AQ Information
Follistim AQ - User Reviews
Follistim AQ User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Trying to Conceive
Get tips and advances in treatment.