Foot Pain (cont.)
Jayson Goo, ATC, MA, CKTI
Jayson Goo, ATC, MA, CKTI, a National Athletic Board Certified Athletic Trainer, graduated from the University of Hawaii and earned his master's degree in human performance with a specialty in corrective therapy from San Jose State University. Jayson also is an active Certified Kinesio Taping Instructor.
William C. Shiel Jr., MD, FACP, FACR
Dr. Shiel received a Bachelor of Science degree with honors from the University of Notre Dame. There he was involved in research in radiation biology and received the Huisking Scholarship. After graduating from St. Louis University School of Medicine, he completed his Internal Medicine residency and Rheumatology fellowship at the University of California, Irvine. He is board-certified in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology.
In this Article
- How is the foot designed?
- What causes foot pain?
- What other symptoms and signs may accompany foot pain?
- When should I seek medical treatment for foot pain?
- How is foot pain diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for foot pain?
- What follow-up care is needed after foot pain is treated?
- How can foot pain be prevented?
- Foot Pain At A Glance
- Feet Facts FAQs
- Find a local Orthopedic Surgeon in your town
Foot Pain At A Glance
- The foot is a complex anatomical structure that may be affected by disease within the body or the foot itself.
- The arches of foot are the primary structures that control the amount of ground force transmitted into the body.
- When pain due to foot pain interferes with your normal activities, you should seek medical advice.
- Treatment of foot pain will depend on the cause of the pain and may involve medication, strengthening, stretching, and possibly the use of and physical therapy.
Medically reviewed by Michael DeVito, DPM; American Board of Podiatric Surgery
Arnheim, Daniel D., and William Prentice. Principles of Athletic Training. 10th ed. Boston: McGraw Hill, 2000.
Daniels, Jack. Daniels' Running Formula. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics, 1998.
Viewers share their comments
- Submit »
- Submit »
Find out what women really need.