"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration will complete its phase-out of all inhaler medical products containing chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) by Dec. 31, 2013. This effort is to comply with an international treaty to protect the ozone layer by phasing "...
Foradil Aerolizer Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is formoterol inhalation (Foradil Aerolizer)?
- What are the possible side effects of formoterol inhalation (Foradil Aerolizer)?
- What is the most important information I should know about formoterol inhalation (Foradil Aerolizer)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using formoterol inhalation (Foradil Aerolizer)?
- How should I use formoterol inhalation (Foradil Aerolizer)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Foradil Aerolizer)?
- What happens if I overdose (Foradil Aerolizer)?
- What should I avoid while using formoterol inhalation (Foradil Aerolizer)?
- What other drugs will affect formoterol (Foradil Aerolizer)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using formoterol inhalation (Foradil Aerolizer)?
You should not use this medication if you are allergic to formoterol. If you have asthma, formoterol inhalation should not be your only asthma medication. You must use it together with at least one other asthma control medication.
If you have any of these other conditions, you may need a dose adjustment or special tests:
- a food or drug allergy;
- heart disease or high blood pressure;
- epilepsy or other seizure disorder;
- diabetes; or
- a thyroid disorder.
FDA pregnancy category C. It is not known whether formoterol inhalation will harm an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant while using this medication.
It is not known whether this medication passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. Do not use formoterol inhalation without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
Do not give this medication to a child younger than 5 years old.
How should I use formoterol inhalation (Foradil Aerolizer)?
Formoterol may increase the risk of asthma-related death. Use only the prescribed dose of this medication, and do not use it for longer than your doctor recommends. Follow all patient instructions for safe use. Talk with your doctor about your individual risks and benefits of using formoterol inhalation.
Asthma is often treated with a combination of different drugs. If you use formoterol inhalation to treat asthma, you must use it together with another asthma control medication. Use all of your medications as directed by your doctor. Talk with your doctor if your medications do not seem to work as well in treating or preventing attacks. Do not change your doses or medication schedule without advice from your doctor.
This medication comes with patient instructions for safe and effective use. Follow these directions carefully. This device is not to be used with a spacer. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions.
Formoterol capsules are for use only in the Foradil Aerolizer device. Use only one capsule at a time. Do not take the capsules by mouth. Never place a capsule in the mouthpiece of the inhaler.
If you are using formoterol inhalation to prevent exercise-induced asthma, use the medicine 15 minutes before exercising, or as directed by your doctor. Allow at least 12 hours to pass before you use the medicine again.
Use formoterol inhalation regularly to get the most benefit. Get your prescription refilled before you run out of medicine completely.
Store at room temperature, away from moisture, light, and heat. Keep each capsule in the blister pack until you are ready to use one. Be sure your hands are dry when handling a formoterol capsule.
Do not try to clean or take apart the Aerolizer device. Throw it away when your capsules run out. Always use the new device provided with the medication when you get your prescription refilled.
Additional Foradil Aerolizer Information
- Foradil Aerolizer Drug Interactions Center: formoterol fumarate inhl
- Foradil Aerolizer Side Effects Center
- Foradil Aerolizer Overview including Precautions
- Foradil Aerolizer FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Foradil Aerolizer - User Reviews
Foradil Aerolizer User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Allergies & Asthma
Improve treatments & prevent attacks.