"Medscape Medical News
August 22, 2015
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted tentative approval to expand the label for an extended-release formulation of topiramate (Trokendi XR, Supernus "...
The elimination half-life of frovatriptan is 26 hours [see CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY]. Therefore, monitoring of patients after overdose with frovatriptan should continue for at least 48 hours or while symptoms or signs persist . There is no specific antidote to frovatriptan. It is unknown what effect hemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis has on the serum concentrations of frovatriptan.
FROVA is contraindicated in patients with:
- Ischemic coronary artery disease (CAD) (e.g. angina pectoris, history of myocardial infarction, or documented silent ischemia), or coronary artery vasospasm, including Prinzmetal's angina [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS].
- Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome or arrhythmias associated with other cardiac accessory conduction pathway disorders [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS].
- History of stroke, transient ischemic attack (TIA), or history of hemiplegic or basilar migraine because these patients are at a higher risk of stroke [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS].
- Peripheral vascular disease [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS].
- Ischemic bowel disease [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS].
- Uncontrolled hypertension [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS].
- Recent use (i.e., within 24 hours) of another 5-HT1 agonist, an ergotamine containing or ergot-type medication such as dihydroergotamine (DHE) or methysergide [see DRUG INTERACTIONS].
- Hypersensitivity to FROVA (angioedema and anaphylaxis seen) [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS].
Last reviewed on RxList: 11/29/2016
Additional Frova Information
Frova - User Reviews
Frova User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find the secrets to longer life.