- What other names is Gamma-hydroxybutyrate (ghb) known by?
- What is Gamma-hydroxybutyrate (ghb)?
- How does Gamma-hydroxybutyrate (ghb) work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Gamma-hydroxybutyrate (ghb).
Possibly Effective for...
- Pain, fatigue, and sleep problems associated with a condition called fibromyalgia.
- Alcohol dependence and withdrawal.
- Treatment of loss of muscle control and weakness associated with a condition called narcolepsy.
- Withdrawal from heroin, opium, morphine, and other opiate drugs.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Reducing weight, enhancing muscle growth, use as an aphrodisiac, reducing pressure in the brain caused by head injury, and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Chronic Pain/Back Pain
Find tips and advances in treatment.