Gamma Butyrolactone (Gbl)
- What other names is Gamma Butyrolactone (gbl) known by?
- What is Gamma Butyrolactone (gbl)?
- How does Gamma Butyrolactone (gbl) work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Gamma Butyrolactone (gbl).
Despite serious safety concerns and illegality, people take gamma butyrolactone for improving athletic performance, sleep, and sexual performance and pleasure. They also take it for relieving depression and stress, prolonging life, promoting clear thinking, causing relaxation, and releasing growth hormone. GBL is also used to trim fat and as a body- or muscle-builder. Some people take it as a recreational drug.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Causing relaxation.
- Increasing mental clarity.
- Relieving depression and stress.
- Prolonging life.
- Improving sexual performance and pleasure.
- Reducing fat.
- Releasing growth hormone.
- Improving athletic performance.
- Improving sleep.
- As a body-builder or muscle-builder.
- As a recreational drug.
- Other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.