In this Article
- What other names is Gamma Oryzanol known by?
- What is Gamma Oryzanol?
- How does Gamma Oryzanol work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Gamma Oryzanol.
Do not use gamma oryzanol if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You have low thyroid (hypothyroidism). Gamma oryzanol might lower thyroid function.
- For lowering cholesterol: the usual dose of gamma oryzanol is 300 mg daily. In one study, 100 mg three times daily was used.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Tips to keep it under control.