In this Article
- What other names is Gentian known by?
- What is Gentian?
- Is Gentian effective?
- How does Gentian work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Gentian.
The highly toxic white hellebore (Veratrum album) can be mistaken for gentian and has caused accidental poisoning when used in home-made preparations.
Do not take gentian if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You have low blood pressure.
- You are scheduled for surgery in the next two weeks.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Allergies & Asthma
Improve treatments & prevent attacks.