In this Article
- What other names is Gentian known by?
- What is Gentian?
- Is Gentian effective?
- How does Gentian work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Gentian.
The highly toxic white hellebore (Veratrum album) can be mistaken for gentian and has caused accidental poisoning when used in home-made preparations.
Do not take gentian if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You have low blood pressure.
- You are scheduled for surgery in the next two weeks.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Allergies & Asthma
Improve treatments & prevent attacks.