"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved a new use for Simponi (golimumab) injection to treat adults with moderate to severe ulcerative colitis.
Simponi works by blocking tumor necrosis factor (TNF), which plays an important"...
- Instruct patients not to take GIAZO if they have a hypersensitivity to salicylates (e.g., aspirin).
- Instruct patients to take GIAZO with or without food.
- Advise patients who need to control sodium intake that the recommended dosing of GIAZO (6.6 g/day) provides about 756 mg of sodium per day.
- Instruct patients to contact their health care provider if they experience a worsening of their ulcerative colitis symptoms, because it could be due to a reaction to GIAZO.
- Instruct patients to make sure they let their health care
- If they have or are later diagnosed with renal dysfunction. Damage to the kidney has been observed in some people given medications similar to GIAZO.
- If they have or are later diagnosed with liver disease. Worsening liver disease has been observed in some people given medications similar to GIAZO.
Last reviewed on RxList: 2/13/2014
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Giazo Information
- Giazo Drug Interactions Center: balsalazide oral
- Giazo Side Effects Center
- Giazo FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.