"LONDON â€” Merck Serono has decided to try for a second time to gain approval for an oral formulation of cladribine as a treatment for multiple sclerosis (MS), with longer-term follow-up of clinical trials showing durable efficacy, without the safe"...
GILENYA can induce bradycardia as well as AV conduction blocks (including complete AV block). The decline in heart rate usually starts within 1 hour of the first dose and is maximal within 6 hours in most patients [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS]. In case of GILENYA overdosage, observe patients overnight with continuous ECG monitoring in a medical facility, and obtain regular measurements of blood pressure [see DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION].
Neither dialysis nor plasma exchange results in removal of fingolimod from the body.
- Patients who in the last 6 months experienced myocardial infarction, unstable angina, stroke, TIA, decompensated heart failure requiring hospitalization or Class III/IV heart failure
- History or presence of Mobitz Type II second-degree or third-degree atrioventricular (AV) block or sick sinus syndrome, unless patient has a functioning pacemaker
- Baseline QTc interval ≥ 500 msec
- Treatment with Class Ia or Class III anti-arrhythmic drugs
- Patients who have had a hypersensitivity reaction to fingolimod or any of the excipients in GILENYA. Observed reactions include rash, urticaria and angioedema upon treatment initiation [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS].
Last reviewed on RxList: 3/3/2016
Additional Gilenya Information
Gilenya - User Reviews
Gilenya User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.