In this Article
- What other names is Ginseng, American known by?
- What is Ginseng, American?
- Is Ginseng, American effective?
- How does Ginseng, American work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Ginseng, American.
American ginseng may not be safe in pregnancy. One of the chemicals in Panax ginseng, a plant related to American ginseng, has been linked to possible birth defects.
Do not take American ginseng if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You have diabetes.
- You have insomnia.
- You have a psychiatric condition called schizophrenia.
- You have breast cancer.
- You have uterine cancer.
- You have ovarian cancer.
- You have endometriosis.
- You have uterine fibroids.
- You are scheduled for surgery in the next two weeks.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.