- What other names is Ginseng, American known by?
- What is Ginseng, American?
- Is Ginseng, American effective?
- How does Ginseng, American work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Ginseng, American.
There isn't enough information to know if American ginseng is effective for the other conditions people use it for, including: high blood pressure, stress, anemia, insomnia, gastritis, impotence, fever, and others.
Possibly Effective for...
- Lowering blood sugar after a meal in people with type 2 diabetes.
- Preventing respiratory tract infections such as the common cold or influenza in adults.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Stress, anemia, insomnia, gastritis, impotence, fever, attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), HIV/AIDS, fibromyalgia, breast cancer, and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.