- What other names is Ginseng, Panax known by?
- What is Ginseng, Panax?
- How does Ginseng, Panax work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Ginseng, Panax.
Possibly Effective for...
- Thinking and memory.
- Male impotence (erectile dysfunction).
- Premature ejaculation when a cream containing ginseng and other ingredients is applied directly to the skin of the penis.
Possibly Ineffective for...
- Improving athletic performance.
- Improving mood and sense of well-being.
- Hot flashes associated with menopause.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Depression, anemia, fluid retention, stomach inflammation and other digestive problems, chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), fibromyalgia, breast cancer, ovarian cancer, lung cancer, liver cancer, skin cancer, fever, bronchitis, cancer, common cold, influenza, and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find tips and advances in treatment.