- What other names is Ginseng, Siberian known by?
- What is Ginseng, Siberian?
- How does Ginseng, Siberian work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Ginseng, Siberian.
Other herbs are often confused with Siberian ginseng. Be careful about which product you choose. Siberian ginseng is not the same herb as American or Panax ginseng.
Possibly Effective for...
- Common cold. Some research suggests that taking a specific commercial product containing Siberian ginseng plus andrographis (Kan Jang) might reduce some symptoms of the common cold.
- A viral infection called herpes simplex 2.
Possibly Ineffective for...
- Improving athletic performance.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Improving memory, stroke, heart disease, kidney problems, Alzheimer's disease, attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), chronic fatigue syndrome, high cholesterol, fatigue, fibromyalgia, flu (influenza), chemotherapy side effects, bronchitis, tuberculosis, low oxygen levels, motion sickness, and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.