- What other names is Glucomannan known by?
- What is Glucomannan?
- How does Glucomannan work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Glucomannan.
Possibly Effective for...
- Reducing cholesterol levels in people with diabetes.
- Helping control type 2 diabetes.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Constipation, weight loss, and high cholesterol when used with chitosan.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find tips and advances in treatment.