In this Article
- What other names is Glutamine known by?
- What is Glutamine?
- How does Glutamine work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Glutamine.
Avoid using more than 40 grams of glutamine daily.
Do not use glutamine if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You have severe liver disease with difficulty thinking or confusion.
- You are allergic to monosodium glutamate (MSG), also known as "Chinese restaurant syndrome."
- You have mania, a mental disorder.
- You have seizures.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Get tips on therapy and treatment.