In this Article
- What other names is Glutathione known by?
- What is Glutathione?
- How does Glutathione work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Glutathione.
Special Precautions & Warnings:Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Not enough is known about the use of glutathione during pregnancy and breast-feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.
Asthma: Do not inhale glutathione if you have asthma. It can increase some asthma symptoms.
- Healthcare providers give glutathione intravenously (by IV) along with chemical cancer treatments (chemotherapy) to reduce some of the unwanted side effects of the chemotherapy.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.