- What other names is Goldenseal known by?
- What is Goldenseal?
- How does Goldenseal work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Goldenseal.
Possibly Ineffective for...
- Causing false-negative test results for urine drug tests.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs), hemorrhoids, stomach upset, anorexia, stomach ulcers, colitis, menstrual irregularities, chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), conjunctivitis, nasal congestion, hayfever, and many other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.