"Scientists at the National Institutes of Health have solved a long-standing mystery about the origin of one of the cell types that make up the ovary. The team also discovered how ovarian cells share information during development of an ovarian fo"...
Aside from possible ovarian hyperstimulation and multiple gestations (see WARNINGS), there is no information on the consequences of acute overdosage with Gonal-F® (follitropin alfa for injection).
Gonal-F® (follitropin alfa for injection) is contraindicated in women who exhibit:
1. Prior hypersensitivity to recombinant FSH preparations or one of their excipients.
2. High levels of FSH indicating primary ovarian failure.
3. Uncontrolled thyroid or adrenal dysfunction.
7. Sex hormone dependent tumors of the reproductive tract and accessory organs.
8. Pregnancy.This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Last reviewed on RxList: 12/8/2004
Additional Gonal-F Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Trying to Conceive
Get tips and advances in treatment.