"The woman who received the nation's first transplanted uterus on February 24 at the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio had to have the organ removed because of a "sudden complication," the clinic announced today.
The transplant recipient, a 26-"...
Gonal-f® (follitropin alfa for injection) is contraindicated in women and men who exhibit:
- Prior hypersensitivity to recombinant FSH preparations or one of their excipients.
- High levels of FSH indicating primary gonadal failure.
- Uncontrolled thyroid or adrenal dysfunction.
- Sex hormone dependent tumors of the reproductive tract and accessory organs.
- An organic intracranial lesion such as a pituitary tumor. And in women who exhibit:
- Abnormal uterine bleeding of undetermined origin (see Selection of Patients).
- Ovarian cyst or enlargement of undetermined origin (see Selection of Patients).
Last reviewed on RxList: 10/7/2016
Additional Gonal-F Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Trying to Conceive
Get tips and advances in treatment.