"Oct. 20, 2012 -- Babies conceived with the help of high-tech fertility treatments such as in vitro fertilization (IVF) have an increased risk for birth defects, a new study shows.
Compared to infants born to mothers who conceived with"...
Aside from possible ovarian hyperstimulation and multiple gestations (see WARNINGS), there is no information on the consequences of acute overdosage with Gonal-f® RFF (follitropin alfa for injection).
Gonal-f® RFF (follitropin alfa for injection) is contraindicated in women who exhibit:
- Prior hypersensitivity to recombinant FSH preparations or one of their excipients.
- High levels of FSH indicating primary gonadal failure.
- Uncontrolled thyroid or adrenal dysfunction.
- Sex hormone dependent tumors of the reproductive tract and accessory organs.
- An organic intracranial lesion such as a pituitary tumor.
- Abnormal uterine bleeding of undetermined origin (see "Selection of Patients").
- Ovarian cyst or enlargement of undetermined origin (see "Selection of Patients").
Last reviewed on RxList: 7/26/2007
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Gonal-f RFF Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Trying to Conceive
Get tips and advances in treatment.