In this Article
- What other names is Gossypol known by?
- What is Gossypol?
- How does Gossypol work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Gossypol.
There isn't enough information to know whether gossypol is safe to use directly on the skin. It can cause a burning sensation.
Do not use gossypol if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You have low potassium levels (hypokalemia).
- You have irritation or sensitivity of your urinary system.
- You have a stomach or intestinal disorder.
- You are trying to conceive a child.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.