- What other names is Gossypol known by?
- What is Gossypol?
- How does Gossypol work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Gossypol.
Possibly Effective for...
- Male contraception (birth control), when taken by mouth.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Use as a vaginal spermicide, problems of the uterus (womb) and ovaries, HIV/AIDS, cancer, and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Next: How does Gossypol work?
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.