- What other names is Gossypol known by?
- What is Gossypol?
- How does Gossypol work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Gossypol.
Possibly Effective for...
- Male contraception (birth control), when taken by mouth.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Use as a vaginal spermicide, problems of the uterus (womb) and ovaries, HIV/AIDS, cancer, and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Next: How does Gossypol work?
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.