"Plants produce round pollen grains. Individual grains are too tiny to see with the naked eye, but some can form large, visible clusters. For fertilization to take place and seeds to form in some plants, pollen must be moved from the flower of one"...
(Timothy Grass Pollen Allergen Extract) Tablets
SEVERE ALLERGIC REACTIONS
- GRASTEK can cause life-threatening allergic reactions such as anaphylaxis and severe laryngopharyngeal restriction. (WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS)
- Do not administer GRASTEK to patients with severe, unstable or uncontrolled as thma. (CONTRAINDICATIONS)
- Observe patients in the office for at leas t 30 minutes following the initial dose. (WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS)
- Prescribe auto-injectable epinephrine, instruct and train patients on its appropriate use, and instruct patients to seek immediate medical care upon its use. (WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS)
- GRASTEK may not be suitable for patients with certain underlying medical conditions that may reduce their ability to survive a serious allergic reaction. (WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS)
- GRASTEK may not be suitable for patients who may be unresponsive to epinephrine or inhaled bronchodilators, such as those taking beta-blockers . (WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS)
GRASTEK tablets contain pollen allergen extract from Timothy grass (Phleum pratense). GRASTEK is a sublingual tablet.
GRASTEK is available as a tablet of 2800 BAU of Timothy grass pollen allergen extract.
Inactive ingredients: gelatin NF (fish source), mannitol USP and sodium hydroxide NF.
Last reviewed on RxList: 12/19/2016
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Grastek Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Allergies & Asthma
Improve treatments & prevent attacks.