"In the largest, most comprehensive, nationwide study to examine the prevalence of allergies from early childhood to old age, scientists from the National Institutes of Health report that allergy prevalence is the same across different regions "...
(Timothy Grass Pollen Allergen Extract) Tablets
SEVERE ALLERGIC REACTIONS
- GRASTEK can cause life-threatening allergic reactions such as anaphylaxis and severe laryngopharyngeal restriction.
- Do not administer GRASTEK to patients with severe, unstable or uncontrolled asthma.
- Observe patients in the office for at least 30 minutes following the initial dose.
- Prescribe auto-injectable epinephrine, instruct and train patients on its appropriate use, and instruct patients to seek immediate medical care upon its use.
- GRASTEK may not be suitable for patients with certain underlying medical conditions that may reduce their ability to survive a serious allergic reaction.
- GRASTEK may not be suitable for patients who may be unresponsive to epinephrine or inhaled bronchodilators, such as those taking beta-blockers.
GRASTEK tablets contain pollen allergen extract from Timothy grass (Phleum pratense). GRASTEK is a sublingual tablet.
GRASTEK is available as a tablet of 2800 BAU of Timothy grass pollen allergen extract. Inactive ingredients: gelatin NF (fish source), mannitol USP and sodium hydroxide NF.
Last reviewed on RxList: 5/1/2014
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Grastek Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Allergies & Asthma
Improve treatments & prevent attacks.