In this Article
- What other names is Great Plantain known by?
- What is Great Plantain?
- How does Great Plantain work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Great Plantain.
Interaction Rating: Moderate Be cautious with this combination.
Talk with your health provider.
Great plantain contains large amounts of vitamin K. Vitamin K is used by the body to help blood clot. Warfarin (Coumadin) is used to slow blood clotting. By helping the blood clot, great plantain might decrease the effectiveness of warfarin (Coumadin). Be sure to have your blood checked regularly. The dose of your warfarin (Coumadin) might need to be changed.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.