- What other names is Great Plantain known by?
- What is Great Plantain?
- How does Great Plantain work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Great Plantain.
Great plantain is used for bladder infections, bronchitis, colds, and irritated or bleeding hemorrhoids. It is also used to kill germs and reduce swelling.
Some people apply great plantain directly to the affected area for skin conditions or eye irritation.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Common cold. Early research suggests that taking great plantain might help reduce the symptoms of the common cold.
- Ongoing (chronic) bronchitis. Developing evidence suggests that taking great plantain might help treat chronic bronchitis.
- Bladder infections.
- Skin conditions, when applied to the skin.
- Eye irritation, when applied to the eye.
- Other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.